Saturday, May 1, 2010

Columbia house DVD club needs to be shut down.

Back in 2006 I took an offer by Columbia House DVD Club for buying nine DVDs for 49 cents each.
I was gullible and ordered them. Next thing I received a package of the fourteen DVDs on full price. I refused, knowing the offer was 49 cents each.

Then about a few weeks later, I got a letter and a bill adding to the amount which claimed I hadn't paid the original amount. They made all sorts of legal threats including extracting cash from my credit card info and reduce my credit rating or something of that sort.

Luckily I had no credit card. Knowing I had clearly not asked for this and was cheated, I did some research on the Internet to learn that people had the same problems as me and some even worse.

Columbia House DVD Club even opens accounts or sends DVDs to people without their permission and charges them without consent.
This is clearly illegal. It is a surprise that this company has survived by stealing and fraud. I was lucky since a friend of one of my parents worked for a sister company for Columbia House and had my account closed.

Before that I was part of an online group that had petitioned for legal action against Columbia House. Nothing has happened ever since, but this needs to be brought to the attention of the government for a court order to sue the company for it's theft and terminate it permanently.

The problems described by most people can be seen in this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment